Linda Ronstadt to release memoir
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Grammy Award-winning singer Linda Ronstadt will release a memoir in 2013 called "Heart Like a Wheel," borrowing the title of one of her albums, her publisher said on Thursday.
The book, to be published by New York-based Simon & Schuster, will describe Ronstadt's rise to fame and career.
Her life story includes winning 10 Grammy awards and proving herself in a variety of musical styles from rock to opera. She also dated California Governor Jerry Brown, back when he first led the state in the 1970s.
The 65 year-old Ronstadt has sold over 100 million albums worldwide, Simon & Schuster said.
The Arizona-born singer's 1974 album "Heart Like a Wheel" is one of her most popular releases, and her hit songs include "Desperado" and "Different Drum."
(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Christine Kearney)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more