SunPower, Citi to finance solar lease projects
(Reuters) - SunPower Corp and Citigroup have formed a new fund of $105 million to enable the solar panel maker extend its lease to customers in eight states, the companies said.
A solar lease is a financing option that provides the use of a solar equipment in exchange for a monthly lease payment.
Citi is contributing $80 million to the fund that will expand the lease option's reach in Massachusetts, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
San Jose, California-based SunPower -- majority owned by French energy company Total -- said earlier this week it was addressing a weakened Italian market by reallocating sales toward less profitable residential and commercial systems, where demand is greater.
(Reporting by Krishna N Das in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data