HTC: Apple lawsuit will not have fundamental impact on company
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp said on Friday the lawsuit against Apple Inc will not have a fundamental impact on the company, adding the company is preparing an appeal to a U.S. court decision on the case.
"Many lawsuits nowadays are results of being successful; it's part of the business," said HTC CEO Peter Chou in a telephone conference with investors. "We will not bring the company to a dangerous position."
On July 15, the International Trade Commission (ITC) made a preliminary ruling that HTC infringed on two of Apple's patents.
(Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Ken Wills)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies