House Republicans to meet Friday morning: Rep. Pence
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Republicans will meet at 10 a.m. on Friday (1400 GMT) to assess their options after they delayed a vote on their debt-ceiling bill due to a lack of support, Representative Mike Pence said on Thursday.
Republican leaders have been unable to convince some of their rank-and-file members that this bill is their best option to win deep spending cuts and avert an August 2 default.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |