House Republicans to meet Friday morning: Rep. Pence
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Republicans will meet at 10 a.m. on Friday (1400 GMT) to assess their options after they delayed a vote on their debt-ceiling bill due to a lack of support, Representative Mike Pence said on Thursday.
Republican leaders have been unable to convince some of their rank-and-file members that this bill is their best option to win deep spending cuts and avert an August 2 default.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |