Debt deal not close, Senator Reid says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans and Democrats are not close to a deal to raise the debt ceiling despite what Republican leaders may say, Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid said on Saturday.
"It's fair to say that the engagement there is not in any meaningful way," Reid said on the Senate floor shortly after returning from a meeting with President Barack Obama. "Republican leaders still refuse to negotiate in good faith."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |