Debt deal not close, Senator Reid says
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans and Democrats are not close to a deal to raise the debt ceiling despite what Republican leaders may say, Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid said on Saturday.
"It's fair to say that the engagement there is not in any meaningful way," Reid said on the Senate floor shortly after returning from a meeting with President Barack Obama. "Republican leaders still refuse to negotiate in good faith."
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Seventh person dies after New York blast, building collapse: police
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ