House Democrats might not back debt deal: Pelosi
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrats in the House of Representatives might decide not to support a last-minute deal to raise the debt ceiling when they meet on Monday, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said on Sunday.
"We all may not be able to support it, or none us may be able to support it," Pelosi told reporters.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- After unrest over shooting, Ferguson police now wear body cameras