Boehner wants Monday vote on debt deal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner told fellow Republicans that he wants the House of Representatives to vote on Monday on a last-minute deal to raise the debt ceiling, a Republican lawmaker said on Sunday.
"The speaker wants us out of town by tomorrow, he wants this done," Representative Jack Kingston told Reuters after participating in a conference call with Boehner and other House Republicans.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |