Boehner wants Monday vote on debt deal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner told fellow Republicans that he wants the House of Representatives to vote on Monday on a last-minute deal to raise the debt ceiling, a Republican lawmaker said on Sunday.
"The speaker wants us out of town by tomorrow, he wants this done," Representative Jack Kingston told Reuters after participating in a conference call with Boehner and other House Republicans.
(Reporting by Andy Sullivan; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter