Bipartisan debt limit plan will be unveiled Monday: Reid
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A bipartisan plan to raise the debt ceiling will be presented to Democrats and Republicans on Monday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Sunday.
"Leaders from both parties and in both chambers will present this agreement to our caucuses tomorrow," Reid said.
"To pass this settlement, we'll need the support of Democrats and Republicans in both the House and Senate. There is no way either party, in either chamber, can do this alone."
(Reporting by Kim Dixon, Rachelle Younglai)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow