Bipartisan debt limit plan will be unveiled Monday: Reid
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A bipartisan plan to raise the debt ceiling will be presented to Democrats and Republicans on Monday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Sunday.
"Leaders from both parties and in both chambers will present this agreement to our caucuses tomorrow," Reid said.
"To pass this settlement, we'll need the support of Democrats and Republicans in both the House and Senate. There is no way either party, in either chamber, can do this alone."
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb