Bipartisan debt limit plan will be unveiled Monday: Reid
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A bipartisan plan to raise the debt ceiling will be presented to Democrats and Republicans on Monday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Sunday.
"Leaders from both parties and in both chambers will present this agreement to our caucuses tomorrow," Reid said.
"To pass this settlement, we'll need the support of Democrats and Republicans in both the House and Senate. There is no way either party, in either chamber, can do this alone."
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine