- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Man accused of kidnapping Cleveland women to face more charges
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
Vordel Hosts Webinar with Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railwayon Upgrading from end-of-life Cisco ACE XML Gateway to the Vordel Gateway
Vordel Hosts Webinar with Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway on Upgrading from end-of-life Cisco ACE XML Gateway to the Vordel Gateway
Best practice guidelines to successful migration from Cisco ACE XML Gateway
Vordel, a provider of gateways for SOA and Cloud Computing, today announced, it is hosting a webinar on Thursday, August 11 with customer Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF). This webinar will present a case study examining BNSF Railway’s upgrade from the Cisco ACE XML Gateway to the Vordel Gateway. Attendees will learn why Vordel was selected as the preferred option to replace Cisco and the best practices for a smooth and successful gateway migration.
In August 2010, Cisco announced end-of-life for the ACE XML Gateway (AXG) product. Since that time, Vordel’s Gateway has been selected by Cisco AXG customers as a flexible, high performance, and proven upgrade option. In this webinar, Kevin Johnson, Senior Developer, BNSF Railway will join Josh Bregman, Chief Solution Architect, Vordel to present a case study demonstrating how BNSF Railway upgraded from end-of-life Cisco ACE XML Gateway to the Vordel Gateway.
During the Webinar, the following topics will be discussed:
- How BNSF was using the Cisco ACE XML Gateway?
- Why BNSF selected the Vordel Gateway to replace the Cisco Gateway?
- Using automation tools to move policies and configuration
- Automating the migration from Cisco AXG to the Vordel Gateway
- Additional capabilities BNSF has access to as a result of using the Vordel Gateway
- Lessons learned from working with Gateways
- Advanced capabilities the Vordel Gateway offers beyond what is possible with Cisco AXG
Register for the Webinar here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/741348594
When: Thursday, August 11 at 8am PDT / 11am EDT / 4pm BST / 5pm CET
Vordel delivers fast, safe, connectivity for SOA and Cloud Services. Vordel Gateway provides integration, security, governance, and acceleration for enterprise applications and Cloud based services. Vordel Gateway enables Fortune 5000 enterprises and government agencies to extend their enterprise applications and SOA infrastructure beyond the perimeter to enable Cloud based services and mobile computing. Vordel makes it possible to deliver and consume “Applications Anywhere” with IT’s existing applications and infrastructure, without costly upgrades and rewrites.
About Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway operates one of the largest railroad networks in North America. It is a critical link that connects consumers with the global marketplace. For more than 160 years, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway has played a vital role in building and sustaining this nation's economy.