Seven rebels killed in Gaddafi counter-attack
MISRATA, Libya Aug 2 (Reuters) - Forces loyal to Libya's Muammar Gaddafi killed seven rebels and wounded another 65 in a counter-attack in the town of Zlitan on Tuesday, hospital sources in Misrata said.
In recent days, rebels trying to oust Gaddafi have been seeking to consolidate gains in and around Zlitan, an important town 160 km (100 miles) east of the capital, Tripoli.
(Reporting by Mussab Al-Khairalla; writing by David Lewis; editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port