Jon Stewart blasts Obama, Tea Party over debt deal
(Warning: Strong content in paragraph 6)
By Lucas Shaw
NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - As the Democrats cave and the Tea Party rages on, neither side is happy with the budget deal -- a deal that rendered Jon Stewart incredulous.
Stewart thought he remembered that President Barack Obama assured everyone no budget would pass without revenue increases -- meaning tax cuts.
"That's ... eh ... they must have forgotten to add 'and with the new balanced approach to deficit reduction forged by rational adults there're some revenue increases whilst preserving some vital government functions.'"
Nope. After a video of a skunk with its head in a jar of peanut butter and Barack Obama thanking the American people for pushing a deal forward, Stewart dubbed the compromise a "turd."
He then assumed the Republicans were happy because the Democrats got "hosed."
Nope. "What the fee-fi-fo-f**k!" Stewart screamed.
That seems to be the prevailing sentiment. You can see the video here: here
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |