Jon Stewart blasts Obama, Tea Party over debt deal
(Warning: Strong content in paragraph 6)
By Lucas Shaw
NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - As the Democrats cave and the Tea Party rages on, neither side is happy with the budget deal -- a deal that rendered Jon Stewart incredulous.
Stewart thought he remembered that President Barack Obama assured everyone no budget would pass without revenue increases -- meaning tax cuts.
"That's ... eh ... they must have forgotten to add 'and with the new balanced approach to deficit reduction forged by rational adults there're some revenue increases whilst preserving some vital government functions.'"
Nope. After a video of a skunk with its head in a jar of peanut butter and Barack Obama thanking the American people for pushing a deal forward, Stewart dubbed the compromise a "turd."
He then assumed the Republicans were happy because the Democrats got "hosed."
Nope. "What the fee-fi-fo-f**k!" Stewart screamed.
That seems to be the prevailing sentiment. You can see the video here: here
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source