- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Bernanke spurs stock volatility, dollar gains |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British opposition leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Rescuers search Oklahoma tornado town ruins as recovery starts |
Jon Stewart blasts Obama, Tea Party over debt deal
(Warning: Strong content in paragraph 6)
By Lucas Shaw
NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - As the Democrats cave and the Tea Party rages on, neither side is happy with the budget deal -- a deal that rendered Jon Stewart incredulous.
Stewart thought he remembered that President Barack Obama assured everyone no budget would pass without revenue increases -- meaning tax cuts.
"That's ... eh ... they must have forgotten to add 'and with the new balanced approach to deficit reduction forged by rational adults there're some revenue increases whilst preserving some vital government functions.'"
Nope. After a video of a skunk with its head in a jar of peanut butter and Barack Obama thanking the American people for pushing a deal forward, Stewart dubbed the compromise a "turd."
He then assumed the Republicans were happy because the Democrats got "hosed."
Nope. "What the fee-fi-fo-f**k!" Stewart screamed.
That seems to be the prevailing sentiment. You can see the video here: here
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this