China's Ningbo port partially shut ahead of typhoon
SHANGHAI Aug 5 (Reuters) - China's Ningbo Port, one of the busiest ports in the country, has partially shut operations due to an approaching typhoon, a port official said on Friday.
The port, located in the eastern coastal province of Zhejiang, is no longer allowing vessels to berth but is allowing outgoing ships to sail away, said the official.
Forecasters are forecasting Typhoon Muifa to hit Shanghai and Zhejiang province this weekend, according to Tropical Storm Risk. (Reporting by Fayen Wong)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor