China's Ningbo port partially shut ahead of typhoon
SHANGHAI Aug 5 (Reuters) - China's Ningbo Port, one of the busiest ports in the country, has partially shut operations due to an approaching typhoon, a port official said on Friday.
The port, located in the eastern coastal province of Zhejiang, is no longer allowing vessels to berth but is allowing outgoing ships to sail away, said the official.
Forecasters are forecasting Typhoon Muifa to hit Shanghai and Zhejiang province this weekend, according to Tropical Storm Risk. (Reporting by Fayen Wong)
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Court orders Russia to pay some $50 billion in damages to Yukos shareholders
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police