China's Ningbo port partially shut ahead of typhoon
SHANGHAI Aug 5 (Reuters) - China's Ningbo Port, one of the busiest ports in the country, has partially shut operations due to an approaching typhoon, a port official said on Friday.
The port, located in the eastern coastal province of Zhejiang, is no longer allowing vessels to berth but is allowing outgoing ships to sail away, said the official.
Forecasters are forecasting Typhoon Muifa to hit Shanghai and Zhejiang province this weekend, according to Tropical Storm Risk. (Reporting by Fayen Wong)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.