China's Ningbo port partially shut ahead of typhoon
SHANGHAI Aug 5 (Reuters) - China's Ningbo Port, one of the busiest ports in the country, has partially shut operations due to an approaching typhoon, a port official said on Friday.
The port, located in the eastern coastal province of Zhejiang, is no longer allowing vessels to berth but is allowing outgoing ships to sail away, said the official.
Forecasters are forecasting Typhoon Muifa to hit Shanghai and Zhejiang province this weekend, according to Tropical Storm Risk. (Reporting by Fayen Wong)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA