Taiwan's HTC July sales rise 83.3 pct year on year
TAIPEI Aug 5 (Reuters) - Taiwan smartphone maker HTC Corp said on Friday that consolidated sales for July reached T$45.11 billion ($1.56 billion), up 83.3 percent from a year earlier.
The result compared with T$24.61 billion a year earlier and T$45.05 billion in the previous month.
The company said in a separate statement that its U.S. unit planned to acquire Dashwire Inc, a mobile-web application company, for $18.5 million to enhance its cloud computing services. ($1 = 28.934 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans