Taiwan's HTC July sales rise 83.3 pct year on year
TAIPEI Aug 5 (Reuters) - Taiwan smartphone maker HTC Corp said on Friday that consolidated sales for July reached T$45.11 billion ($1.56 billion), up 83.3 percent from a year earlier.
The result compared with T$24.61 billion a year earlier and T$45.05 billion in the previous month.
The company said in a separate statement that its U.S. unit planned to acquire Dashwire Inc, a mobile-web application company, for $18.5 million to enhance its cloud computing services. ($1 = 28.934 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks