'Jersey Shore' Season 4 Premiere Breaks MTV Record
This calls for a round of fist-pumps.
The season 4 premiere of "Jersey Shore" drew in 8.8 million total viewers on Thursday, becoming the highest-rated season premiere in MTV's history, the company announced Friday.
Also read: 'Jersey Shore' Season Trailer: Italy Clearly Needs a Long, Hot Shower Now (Video)
The previous record-holder for the network? The season 3 premiere for the series, which debuted in January 2011. Thursday's premiere posted a 4 percent increase over its predecessor, which drew 8.45 million total viewers.
Thursday's premiere also drew an 8.2 rating in the 12-34 demographic. It also stood as MTV's third most-watched telecast ever, behind only -- you guessed it -- two telecasts from the show's third season.
The residents of Italy, where the most recent season of "Shore" was filmed, might not be thrilled with Snooki, the Situation and their cohorts, but apparently they're in the minority.
Related Articles: 'Jersey Shore' Star the Situation Fist-Pumps and Makes Up With His Dad 'Jersey Shore' Star Angelina Pivarnick Reveals Miscarriage, Blames Media (Video)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media