'Jersey Shore' Season 4 Premiere Breaks MTV Record
This calls for a round of fist-pumps.
The season 4 premiere of "Jersey Shore" drew in 8.8 million total viewers on Thursday, becoming the highest-rated season premiere in MTV's history, the company announced Friday.
Also read: 'Jersey Shore' Season Trailer: Italy Clearly Needs a Long, Hot Shower Now (Video)
The previous record-holder for the network? The season 3 premiere for the series, which debuted in January 2011. Thursday's premiere posted a 4 percent increase over its predecessor, which drew 8.45 million total viewers.
Thursday's premiere also drew an 8.2 rating in the 12-34 demographic. It also stood as MTV's third most-watched telecast ever, behind only -- you guessed it -- two telecasts from the show's third season.
The residents of Italy, where the most recent season of "Shore" was filmed, might not be thrilled with Snooki, the Situation and their cohorts, but apparently they're in the minority.
Related Articles: 'Jersey Shore' Star the Situation Fist-Pumps and Makes Up With His Dad 'Jersey Shore' Star Angelina Pivarnick Reveals Miscarriage, Blames Media (Video)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor