Options trading hit all-time record on Thursday- OCC
NEW YORK Aug 5 (Reuters) - Options Clearing Corp (OCC) said on Friday that a new daily options trading volume record was set on Thursday when 36.1 million contracts traded.
Equity options trading reached 33.04 million, also a record high.
In the stock market, nearly 14 billion shares changed hands on the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Amex and Nasdaq on Thursday, the highest since June 25, 2010, and well above the daily average of around 7.48 billion.
The OCC is the clearinghouse for all U.S. equity options.
(Reporting by Angela Moon, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- RPT-Record low temperature recorded in Antarctica -scientists