Options trading hit all-time record on Thursday- OCC
NEW YORK Aug 5 (Reuters) - Options Clearing Corp (OCC) said on Friday that a new daily options trading volume record was set on Thursday when 36.1 million contracts traded.
Equity options trading reached 33.04 million, also a record high.
In the stock market, nearly 14 billion shares changed hands on the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Amex and Nasdaq on Thursday, the highest since June 25, 2010, and well above the daily average of around 7.48 billion.
The OCC is the clearinghouse for all U.S. equity options.
(Reporting by Angela Moon, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |