Explosion at Alon refinery in Texas - report
NEW YORK Aug 6 (Reuters) - There was an explosion at Alon USA's (ALJ.N) 70,000 barrel per day refinery in Big Spring, Texas, local media reported on Saturday.
One person may have been injured and officials were called to the scene early on Saturday morning, NewsWest9 said.
A report filed by Alon with state regulators on Saturday said an off gas compressor caught fire and flared on Friday, adding that emergency workers brought the situation under control and stopped the flaring.
A representative from Alon was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Janet McGurty)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default