Explosion at Alon refinery in Texas: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - There was an explosion at Alon USA's 70,000 barrel per day refinery in Big Spring, Texas, local media reported on Saturday.
One person may have been injured and officials were called to the scene early on Saturday morning, NewsWest9 said.
A report filed by Alon with state regulators on Saturday said an off gas compressor caught fire and flared on Friday, adding that emergency workers brought the situation under control and stopped the flaring.
A representative from Alon was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Janet McGurty)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials