Explosion at Alon refinery in Texas: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - There was an explosion at Alon USA's 70,000 barrel per day refinery in Big Spring, Texas, local media reported on Saturday.
One person may have been injured and officials were called to the scene early on Saturday morning, NewsWest9 said.
A report filed by Alon with state regulators on Saturday said an off gas compressor caught fire and flared on Friday, adding that emergency workers brought the situation under control and stopped the flaring.
A representative from Alon was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Janet McGurty)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ