G7 finance ministers "very likely" to hold talks Sunday: source
LONDON (Reuters) - The finance ministers of the G7 major powers are "very likely" to hold a conference call later on Sunday to discuss turmoil in the financial markets, a British Treasury source said.
"It's very likely a finance ministers' call is going to take place later tonight," the source told Reuters, saying it was expected to occur at 5 p.m. EDT before the markets in Asia opened.
The source had no details immediately on what the substance of the talks would be.
(Reporting by Michael Holden)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation