Moody's: Japan FX intervention negative for credit rating
TOKYO Aug 8 (Reuters) - Japan's currency intervention to weaken the yen is negative for its credit rating as the step has not been successful in preventing yen gains, Moody's Investors Service said on Monday.
Yen strength threatens to erode the competitiveness of Japan's exports and hamper its economic recovery, the ratings agency said in a statement. (Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting