Moody's: Japan FX intervention negative for credit rating
TOKYO Aug 8 (Reuters) - Japan's currency intervention to weaken the yen is negative for its credit rating as the step has not been successful in preventing yen gains, Moody's Investors Service said on Monday.
Yen strength threatens to erode the competitiveness of Japan's exports and hamper its economic recovery, the ratings agency said in a statement. (Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |