Exclusive: Keanu Reeves in Financing Talks for His Directorial Debut
Keanu Reeves is in negotiations with China Film Group and Village Roadshow Pictures to get funding for "Man of Tai Chi," a Mandarin-and-English-language movie that Reeves will star in and direct, individuals familiar with the project told TheWrap.
Reeves also wrote the martial arts film, which, if it goes forward, will mark his directorial debut.
"Tai Chi" also stars Tiger Chen, a member of the kung fu team in "The Matrix."
The "Speed" star plays the villain in the movie, which includes some serious fighting scenes.
Reeves showed off his martial arts chops in "The Matrix" films and recently finished filming "47 Ronin," Universal's adaptation of the Japanese martial arts picture.
Representatives of Reeves and Village Roadshow declined comment. Representatives of China Film Group could not be reached.Related Articles: Rinsch to Direct Keanu's '47 Ronin' Keanu Reeves to Star in 'Henry's Crime'
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted