Exclusive: Keanu Reeves in Financing Talks for His Directorial Debut
Keanu Reeves is in negotiations with China Film Group and Village Roadshow Pictures to get funding for "Man of Tai Chi," a Mandarin-and-English-language movie that Reeves will star in and direct, individuals familiar with the project told TheWrap.
Reeves also wrote the martial arts film, which, if it goes forward, will mark his directorial debut.
"Tai Chi" also stars Tiger Chen, a member of the kung fu team in "The Matrix."
The "Speed" star plays the villain in the movie, which includes some serious fighting scenes.
Reeves showed off his martial arts chops in "The Matrix" films and recently finished filming "47 Ronin," Universal's adaptation of the Japanese martial arts picture.
Representatives of Reeves and Village Roadshow declined comment. Representatives of China Film Group could not be reached.Related Articles: Rinsch to Direct Keanu's '47 Ronin' Keanu Reeves to Star in 'Henry's Crime'
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers