Exclusive: Keanu Reeves in Financing Talks for His Directorial Debut
Keanu Reeves is in negotiations with China Film Group and Village Roadshow Pictures to get funding for "Man of Tai Chi," a Mandarin-and-English-language movie that Reeves will star in and direct, individuals familiar with the project told TheWrap.
Reeves also wrote the martial arts film, which, if it goes forward, will mark his directorial debut.
"Tai Chi" also stars Tiger Chen, a member of the kung fu team in "The Matrix."
The "Speed" star plays the villain in the movie, which includes some serious fighting scenes.
Reeves showed off his martial arts chops in "The Matrix" films and recently finished filming "47 Ronin," Universal's adaptation of the Japanese martial arts picture.
Representatives of Reeves and Village Roadshow declined comment. Representatives of China Film Group could not be reached.Related Articles: Rinsch to Direct Keanu's '47 Ronin' Keanu Reeves to Star in 'Henry's Crime'
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |