Soccer-Atalanta have points deducted over alleged match-fixing
MILAN Aug 9 (Reuters) - Promoted Atalanta had six points deducted and former Italy international Cristiano Doni was suspended for three-and-a-half years by the Italian federation (FIGC) on Tuesday over alleged match-fixing.
Former Lazio and Italy striker Giuseppe Signori, 43, was banned for five years from any football-related activity, the FIGC said in a statement.
Please double-click on the newslinks:
for more soccer stories
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source