Soccer-Atalanta have points deducted over alleged match-fixing
MILAN Aug 9 (Reuters) - Promoted Atalanta had six points deducted and former Italy international Cristiano Doni was suspended for three-and-a-half years by the Italian federation (FIGC) on Tuesday over alleged match-fixing.
Former Lazio and Italy striker Giuseppe Signori, 43, was banned for five years from any football-related activity, the FIGC said in a statement.
Please double-click on the newslinks:
for more soccer stories
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape