Soccer-Atalanta have points deducted over alleged match-fixing
MILAN Aug 9 (Reuters) - Promoted Atalanta had six points deducted and former Italy international Cristiano Doni was suspended for three-and-a-half years by the Italian federation (FIGC) on Tuesday over alleged match-fixing.
Former Lazio and Italy striker Giuseppe Signori, 43, was banned for five years from any football-related activity, the FIGC said in a statement.
(Reporting by Brian Homewood; Editing by Ed Osmond; To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
Please double-click on the newslinks:
for more soccer stories
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East