S.Korean stocks cut losses on institutions,pension fund buying
SEOUL Aug 11 (Reuters) - South Korean stocks recouped more than half their early losses to trade down 1.1 percent with institutions and pension funds buying.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) slid 1.2 percent to 1,784.83 points as of 0044 GMT.
Following the previous session's record volumes of programme-linked sales, stock futures KSc1 cut losses from earlier in the trading day and were down 1 percent to 229.15 as of 0048 GMT. (Reporting by Ju-min Park; Editing by David Chance)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia