Japan PM: FX moves one-sided, govt to response as appropriate
TOKYO Aug 11 (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said on Thursday exchange-rate moves were one-sided, and that the government will continue to monitor market moves and respond as appropriate.
He also said he wanted the Bank of Japan to work closely with the government to support Japan's economy from the financial front. (Reporting Tokyo policy team, writing by Leika Kihara; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government