CANADA STOCKS-Manulife results help lift TSX
TORONTO, Aug 11 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock market index rose on Thursday, helped by better-than-expected results from Manulife Financial (MFC.TO), although declining gold-mining stocks kept the gains in check.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE rose 23.41 points to 12,222.30. Seven of the index's 10 main groups were higher, led by a 0.8 percent rally in financials. (Reporting by Ka Yan Ng; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel