UPDATE1-Teekay Corp Q2 loss narrows on lower costs; shrs up
* Q2 loss/shr $1.36 vs last yr loss $2.10/shr
* Q2 rev down 12 pct
* Shares up as much as 11 pct
Aug 11 (Reuters) - Teekay Corp (TK.N), a marine crude oil and petroleum product transporter, posted narrower second-quarter loss on higher levels of liquefied natural gas shipping demand and lower costs, sending its shares up as much as 11 percent.
Voyage costs fell 22 percent, while time-charter hire expenses fell 29 percent, in the quarter.
For April-June period, the company's loss narrowed to $96.5 million, or $1.36 per share, from $153.1 million, or $2.10 per share, last year.
Excluding items, the company posted a loss of 51 cents per share.
Revenue fell 12 percent to $484.9 million.
Teekay Corp shares were trading up 6 percent at $23.1 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Sumit Jha in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |