TD to buy MBNA Canada credit card portfolio
TORONTO Aug 15 (Reuters) - Toronto Dominion Bank (TD.TO), Canada's second-largest lender, said on Monday it agreed to buy the credit card portfolio of MBNA Canada, the nation's largest MasterCard issuer, from Bank of America Corp (BAC.N).
TD said the deal would add 1.8 million active accounts to its portfolio, but did not disclose a deal value.
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Australia police kill 'terror suspect' after two officers stabbed
- Islamic State blows away Gulf qualms about joining U.S. military action