TD to buy MBNA Canada credit card portfolio
TORONTO Aug 15 (Reuters) - Toronto Dominion Bank (TD.TO), Canada's second-largest lender, said on Monday it agreed to buy the credit card portfolio of MBNA Canada, the nation's largest MasterCard issuer, from Bank of America Corp (BAC.N).
TD said the deal would add 1.8 million active accounts to its portfolio, but did not disclose a deal value.
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?