Fitch affirms U.S. at AAA, outlook stable
NEW YORK Aug 16 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings said on Tuesday it affirmed the United States' top-notch credit rating at AAA, giving the world's largest economy a reprieve after it was downgraded by Standard & Poor's little more than a week ago.
Fitch said the outlook for the rating was stable.
(Reporting by Burton Frierson, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV