Libya rebels take control of Zawiyah oil refinery
Aug 18 (Reuters) - ZAWIYAH Aug 18 (Reuters) - Libyan rebels were in control of the coastal oil refinery in Zawiyah on Thursday following fighting with forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi, a Reuters reporter at the refinery said.
Small groups of rebels were inside the complex and there was no sign of pro-Gaddafi forces, the reporter said. (Reporting by Yvonne Bell; editing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media