UPDATE 1-Paladin Labs CEO out of action due to accident
TORONTO Aug 18 (Reuters) - Paladin Labs Inc PLB.TO said on Thursday that Chief Executive Jonathan Ross Goodman has been in an accident and can no longer perform the tasks of a CEO.
The specialty pharmaceutical company, which has made recent takeover bids for Labopharm Inc DDS.TO and Afexa Life Sciences Inc FXA.TO, said Goodman, who is also the company's founder, has been hospitalized with serious injuries.
Mark Beaudet, a co-founder and board member, has been asked to take on the CEO's duties for now. The company plans to go ahead with all its ongoing projects, Beaudet said in a statement.
On Wednesday, Montreal-based Paladin said it was in a deal to buy Labopharm Inc DDS.TO, a Canadian biotech company specializing in controlled-release drugs. [ID:nN1E77G1T7] (Reporting by S. John Tilak; editing by Peter Galloway)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |