Libyan rebels say 32 fighters killed in Zlitan
BEIRUT Aug 19 (Reuters) - Thirty-two Libyan rebel fighters were killed on Friday during clashes with soldiers loyal to Muammar Gaddafi in Zlitan, east of the capital Tripoli, a rebel spokesman told Reuters.
"Battles began in the early hours of today and the rebels have liberated most of Zlitan," spokesman Gemal Salem told Reuters by telephone. "Now the fighting is in west of Zlitan. We have lost 32 rebels and 150 wounded."
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source