Katie Couric's Talk Show Gets a Name
Looks like Katie Couric sees no point in reinventing the wheel.
For the title of her upcoming daytime talk show, the former CBS News anchor is taking a page from Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres and others and lopping off her last name.
Set to premiere in Fall 2012, Couric's daytime gabfest will be called "Katie," TVNewser reports.
A spokesman for Couric declined comment and a spokesman for ABC could not be reached.
TVNewser's article also includes some promotional materials for the show and they're gauzy, inviting and heavy on the pinks and purples.
Poster courtesy of TVNewser.
Related Articles: Katie Couric Brushing Up on Daytime Skills With 'View' Gig CBS News Chief: 'We Did Lose Some Viewers' During Katie Couric Years
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |