Katie Couric's Talk Show Gets a Name
Looks like Katie Couric sees no point in reinventing the wheel.
For the title of her upcoming daytime talk show, the former CBS News anchor is taking a page from Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres and others and lopping off her last name.
Set to premiere in Fall 2012, Couric's daytime gabfest will be called "Katie," TVNewser reports.
A spokesman for Couric declined comment and a spokesman for ABC could not be reached.
TVNewser's article also includes some promotional materials for the show and they're gauzy, inviting and heavy on the pinks and purples.
Poster courtesy of TVNewser.
Related Articles: Katie Couric Brushing Up on Daytime Skills With 'View' Gig CBS News Chief: 'We Did Lose Some Viewers' During Katie Couric Years
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea