Australia Treasurer: no need now for a sovereign wealth fund
SYDNEY Aug 23 (Reuters) - Australian Treasurer Wayne Swan said on Tuesday he does not see any need now for a sovereign wealth fund to help cope with the country's mining boom.
"No it wouldn't do anything in our current situation and wouldn't do anything for some time to come," Swan told Australian radio, when asked whether the government could consider establishing a sovereign wealth fund to smooth out the impact of the resources boom. (Reporting by Rob Taylor; Editing by Ed Davies)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |