Netflix, Telemundo make deal for streaming content
NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - Netflix subscribers in Latin America will be able to stream up to 1,200 hours per year of Telemundo programing under a deal announced Monday.
This deal will allow Telemundo Internacional to analyze viewer demand each year to decide how best to serve its audience. The content will include the Telemundo hit "La Reina del Sur (The Queen of the South)."
Netflix, the world's leading Internet subscription service, announced in July it would expand to 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean this year. Telemundo Internacional, a division of the Telemundo Media, is the second-largest distributor of Spanish language content worldwide, with more than 200 programing slots in more than 100 countries.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia