Rebel flag raised over Libyan embassy in Algeria
ALGIERS Aug 22 (Reuters) - The rebel flag was flying on Monday over the Libyan embassy in neighbouring Algeria, a mission that had until now been loyal to Muammar Gaddafi.
A Reuters reporter outside the embassy said she could see the red, green and black flag of the rebel movement flying over the building, with a black flag alongside it. An embassy worker declined to comment. (Reporting by Marie-Louise Gumuchian; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by David Stamp
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |