NATO shoots down scud missile in Libya - Jazeera
(Makes clear missile fired from Sirte)
CAIRO Aug 22 (Reuters) - A NATO warplane shot down a scud missile fired from Sirte, Muammar Gaddafi's home city east of Tripoli, Al-Jazeera TV reported on Monday citing information received by one of its correspondents.
Gaddafi's forces, battling a rebellion that is on the verge of toppling the long-time leader, had fired a scud missile earlier in the August which landed in the desert and hurt no one. (Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Richard Valdmanis)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections