Gaddafi forces fire suspected Scud missile-source
WASHINGTON Aug 22 (Reuters) - Forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi fired a suspected scud missile, which originated near the city of Sirte, a U.S. defense official said on Monday.
The official, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, did not immediately have any more details, including what might have been targeted in the Scud launch.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner