Gaddafi forces fire suspected Scud missile-source
WASHINGTON Aug 22 (Reuters) - Forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi fired a suspected scud missile, which originated near the city of Sirte, a U.S. defense official said on Monday.
The official, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, did not immediately have any more details, including what might have been targeted in the Scud launch.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |