Libyan PM in hotel in southern Tunisia: sources
TUNIS (Reuters) - Libyan Prime Minister Al Baghdadi Ali al-Mahmoudi arrived on the southern Tunisian island of Djerba late on Sunday, an eyewitness and a local source told Reuters.
"He (al-Mahmoudi) arrived late last night at a hotel in Djerba," said one of the sources on Monday. He said there were angry scenes when Libyan opposition supporters staying in the area tried to storm the hotel after hearing the prime minister was there. The other source confirmed the account.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |