NATO says Gaddafi forces fire three Scud-type rockets
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Libyan government forces fired three Scud-type missiles on Monday from the area of Sirte, Muammar Gaddafi's home town, toward the coastal city of Misrata in central Libya, NATO said.
The western alliance said initial reports showed the rockets landed most likely at sea or on the shore, and NATO was not aware of any casualties or damage.
"We confirm reports concerning the firing of three surface-to-surface missiles on Monday evening," a NATO official said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow