NATO says Gaddafi forces fire three Scud-type rockets
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Libyan government forces fired three Scud-type missiles on Monday from the area of Sirte, Muammar Gaddafi's home town, toward the coastal city of Misrata in central Libya, NATO said.
The western alliance said initial reports showed the rockets landed most likely at sea or on the shore, and NATO was not aware of any casualties or damage.
"We confirm reports concerning the firing of three surface-to-surface missiles on Monday evening," a NATO official said.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies