NATO says Gaddafi forces fire three Scud-type rockets
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Libyan government forces fired three Scud-type missiles on Monday from the area of Sirte, Muammar Gaddafi's home town, toward the coastal city of Misrata in central Libya, NATO said.
The western alliance said initial reports showed the rockets landed most likely at sea or on the shore, and NATO was not aware of any casualties or damage.
"We confirm reports concerning the firing of three surface-to-surface missiles on Monday evening," a NATO official said.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port