Skype confirms pact to buy GroupMe
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Skype said on Sunday it agreed to acquire GroupMe, a New York-based start-up that provides mobile group messaging services.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
GroupMe's services let people communicate in private groups over cellphones. The deal will allow Skype to increase its mobile communications services, the company said.
(Reporting by Jessica Hall; Editing by Jan Paschal and Matt Driskill)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow