Skype confirms pact to buy GroupMe
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Skype said on Sunday it agreed to acquire GroupMe, a New York-based start-up that provides mobile group messaging services.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
GroupMe's services let people communicate in private groups over cellphones. The deal will allow Skype to increase its mobile communications services, the company said.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |