Skype confirms pact to buy GroupMe
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Skype said on Sunday it agreed to acquire GroupMe, a New York-based start-up that provides mobile group messaging services.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
GroupMe's services let people communicate in private groups over cellphones. The deal will allow Skype to increase its mobile communications services, the company said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel