Skype confirms pact to buy GroupMe
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Skype said on Sunday it agreed to acquire GroupMe, a New York-based start-up that provides mobile group messaging services.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
GroupMe's services let people communicate in private groups over cellphones. The deal will allow Skype to increase its mobile communications services, the company said.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen