Skype confirms pact to buy GroupMe
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Skype said on Sunday it agreed to acquire GroupMe, a New York-based start-up that provides mobile group messaging services.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
GroupMe's services let people communicate in private groups over cellphones. The deal will allow Skype to increase its mobile communications services, the company said.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling