Bank of America debt insurance costs hit record high
NEW YORK Aug 23 (Reuters) - The cost to insure Bank of America's (BAC.N) debt in the credit default swap market surged to a record high on Tuesday as concerns over the U.S. bank's mortgage liabilities accelerated.
Credit default swap insurance on the bank's unsecured debt jumped 64 basis points to 435 basis points, meaning it would cost $435,000 per year for five years to insure $10 million in bonds, according to Markit.
The bank's CDS previously traded as high as 386 basis points in March 2009, Markit data show. (Reporting by Karen Brettell; Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel