Bank of America debt insurance costs hit record high
NEW YORK Aug 23 (Reuters) - The cost to insure Bank of America's (BAC.N) debt in the credit default swap market surged to a record high on Tuesday as concerns over the U.S. bank's mortgage liabilities accelerated.
Credit default swap insurance on the bank's unsecured debt jumped 64 basis points to 435 basis points, meaning it would cost $435,000 per year for five years to insure $10 million in bonds, according to Markit.
The bank's CDS previously traded as high as 386 basis points in March 2009, Markit data show. (Reporting by Karen Brettell; Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing