Iraq recognises Libyan rebel council
BAGHDAD Aug 23 (Reuters) - Iraq on Tuesday formally recognised the rebel National Transitional Council as Libya's representative, the Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
"The cabinet decided today, 23 August 2011, to recognise the Libyan National Transitional Council as the only and legitimate representative of the Libyan people," a statement on the Foreign Ministry's website said. (Reporting by Aseel Kami; Writing by Serena Chaudhry; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal