Dominion North Anna nuclear units shut by quake
HOUSTON (Reuters) - Two nuclear reactors in Virginia operated by Dominion Resources' were shut due to an earthquake which was reported near the plant site on Tuesday, according to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Two reactors at the North Anna Station in Mineral, Virginia, tripped, the NRC said.
The plants lost off-site power, but diesel generators are operating, the spokesman said.
Dominion's two-unit Surry plant in Gravel, Virginia, continues to operate, the NRC said.
(Reporting by Eileen O'Grady)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions