- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Dominion North Anna nuclear units shut by quake
HOUSTON (Reuters) - Two nuclear reactors in Virginia operated by Dominion Resources' were shut due to an earthquake which was reported near the plant site on Tuesday, according to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Two reactors at the North Anna Station in Mineral, Virginia, tripped, the NRC said.
The plants lost off-site power, but diesel generators are operating, the spokesman said.
Dominion's two-unit Surry plant in Gravel, Virginia, continues to operate, the NRC said.
(Reporting by Eileen O'Grady)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this