Libyan intelligence No. 2 joins rebels -Arabiya TV
DUBAI Aug 24 (Reuters) - The second in command of Libya's intelligence services declared his allegiance to rebel forces fighting Muammar Gaddafi on Wednesday in an interview aired on Arabiya television.
"I put myself in the service of the nation and call on generals and soldiers who are the sons of Libya to join the 17th February revolution," Gen. Khalifah Mohammed Ali said in an interview with Arabiya.
In a rolling banner headline, Arabiya said the general had left his post.
(Reporting by Isabel Coles)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions