Libya rebels take army base west of Tripoli -Arabiya
DUBAI Aug 24 (Reuters) - Libyan rebels fighting to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi have taken control of an army base west of Tripoli in Zuara, Al Arabiya television reported on Wednesday.
The military installation was called Mazraq al-Shams, Arabiya said.
The rebels swept into Tripoli at the weekend and have been fighting pockets of fighters loyal to Gaddafi in and around Tripoli. (Reporting by Isabel Coles; Editing by Elizabeth Fullerton)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?