Libya rebels take army base west of Tripoli -Arabiya
DUBAI Aug 24 (Reuters) - Libyan rebels fighting to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi have taken control of an army base west of Tripoli in Zuara, Al Arabiya television reported on Wednesday.
The military installation was called Mazraq al-Shams, Arabiya said.
The rebels swept into Tripoli at the weekend and have been fighting pockets of fighters loyal to Gaddafi in and around Tripoli. (Reporting by Isabel Coles; Editing by Elizabeth Fullerton)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |