Soccer-Trabzonspor to replace Fenerbahce in Champions League
BERNE Aug 24 (Reuters) - Trabzonspor will replace fellow Turkish club Fenerbahce in this season's Champions League, UEFA said in a statement on Wednesday.
Fenerbahce were barred earlier earlier in the day by the Turkish federation in connection with a match-fixing investigation which has shaken Turkish football. Trabzonspor were runners-up to Fenerbahce in the Turkish league last season. (Editing by John Mehaffey)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel