Soccer-Trabzonspor to replace Fenerbahce in Champions League
BERNE Aug 24 (Reuters) - Trabzonspor will replace fellow Turkish club Fenerbahce in this season's Champions League, UEFA said in a statement on Wednesday.
Fenerbahce were barred earlier earlier in the day by the Turkish federation in connection with a match-fixing investigation which has shaken Turkish football. Trabzonspor were runners-up to Fenerbahce in the Turkish league last season. (Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine