Tripoli residents must "cleanse" capital: Gaddafi
CAIRO (Reuters) - Muammar Gaddafi said in audio remarks broadcast on al-Rai TV that Tripoli residents must "cleanse" the Libyan capital from rebels.
"All Libyans must be present in Tripoli, young men, tribal men and women must sweep through Tripoli and comb it for traitors," the Libyan leader said. "I have been out a bit in Tripoli discreetly, without being seen by people, and ... I did not feel that Tripoli was in danger," he added.
(Reporting by Sami Aboudi)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source