FOREX-Euro falls to global session low vs US dollar
NEW YORK Aug 25 (Reuters) - The euro fell to a fresh global session low against the dollar on Thursday on news the International Monetary Fund board could be in a position to consider Greece's next loan tranche towards the end of September.
For more see [ID:nW1E7JM00K].
The euro was already heading lower prior to the latest headlines as the initial euphoria faded of news that Berkshire Hathaway (BRKa.N) said it would invest $5 billion in Bank of America (BAC.N).
The euro was last at $1.43600, down 0.4 percent from the prior close, on electronic trading platform EBS, after going as low as $1.4356 in New York trading.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media