Amazon launches local deals site for New York
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc said on Thursday it has launched a local deals site in New York in its latest effort to compete with Groupon Inc.
Amazon, which launched its AmazonLocal service in Boise, Idaho, said the deals services are now available in 30 locations.
A recent Groupon IPO filing contained figures suggesting its North American business was maturing. Revenue per subscriber in its most recent quarter fell 12 percent to $8.57 in North America, according Yipit, which tracks the daily-deal industry.
Members can sign up at AmazonLocal's website to get deal notifications.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow