Amazon launches local deals site for New York
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc said on Thursday it has launched a local deals site in New York in its latest effort to compete with Groupon Inc.
Amazon, which launched its AmazonLocal service in Boise, Idaho, said the deals services are now available in 30 locations.
A recent Groupon IPO filing contained figures suggesting its North American business was maturing. Revenue per subscriber in its most recent quarter fell 12 percent to $8.57 in North America, according Yipit, which tracks the daily-deal industry.
Members can sign up at AmazonLocal's website to get deal notifications.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’