SK Telecom says no plan to bid for Hulu
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's top mobile carrier, SK Telecom, said on Thursday that it had no plans to bid for U.S. online video site Hulu.
"We are aware that Hulu is up for sale, but we do not plan to participate in the auction," a SK Telecom spokeswoman said.
The operator was believed to have entered the auction for Hulu, according to one of the people close to the sale process.
Yahoo, Google Inc, DirecTV and Amazon.com were among the parties preparing to submit offers for the company, sources said.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash